Want more competitive car insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Nissan 350Z insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes on a Nissan and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Chicago agents.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. We hope to familiarize you with the most effective ways to compare rates and also pocket some savings Drivers just need to use the most effective way to shop for insurance using one simple form.
The quickest method to compare rates for Nissan 350Z insurance in Chicago utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as the ages of drivers, deductibles desired, if you have an active license, and how you use your vehicles. The data gets sent immediately to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Chicago.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Nissan 350Z but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Illinois is overpaying more than $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
Drivers who switch save $449 a year? Really?
Consumers in Illinois can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper auto insurance by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to state the claim about saving some big amount if you change your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How is it possible that every company can charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the type of insured that will generate a profit. An example of this type of risk profile might be described as between 30 and 50, carries full coverage, and has great credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest premium rates and most likely will cut their Nissan 350Z insurance rates if they switch.
Drivers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be charged more expensive rates and ends up with the customer not purchasing. The ads say “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully make claims like that. Different companies use different criteria so you absolutely need to get Chicago car insurance quotes from several different companies. It’s just not possible to know which insurance companies will have the best Nissan 350Z insurance in Chicago.
Get discounts on Chicago insurance
Some providers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Chicago and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application online.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will reduce your insurance premiums.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, air bags, federal employee, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- USAA discounts include military installation, safe driver, defensive driver, driver training, and annual mileage.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family may include discounts for good student, air bags, good driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, renters, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and online shopper.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, good student, teen driver, mature driver, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, good student, multiple autos, student away at school, and passive restraint.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some credits may not apply to policies in every state. To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Chicago, click this link.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Chicago that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How long has their agency been in business in Chicago?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you want to use a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Agents in Chicago can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Chicago that are able to give comparison quotes.
- John Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
5700 N Lincoln Ave #209 – Chicago, IL 60659 – (773) 561-1700 – View Map
- Mark Yun – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 W Cermak Rd, Fl-2 – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 225-8311 – View Map
- Jim Mays Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4465 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 282-1500 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance
100 W. Randolph, Suite C14 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 201-9111 – View Map
Upon receiving good answers to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does my Nissan 350Z qualify for pleasure use?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Nissan 350Z?
- Does my Nissan 350Z need full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your 350Z caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible on your 350Z to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, theft and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 20/40/15 that means you have $20,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, structural damage, emergency aid, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Illinois requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/15 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Nissan 350Z.
Due to the fact that many Illinois drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Illinois limits are 20/40/15), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on Nissan 350Z insurance in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Chicago car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More affordable auto insurance in Chicago is available on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)