Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Chicago? Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced insurance can consume your savings account and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Getting a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Sad but true, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Consumers in the United States could save as much as 47% each year, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Due to the fact that there are so many companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Subaru Crosstrek in Chicago, it can be impossible to pick the most cost effective insurance company.
Shop Subaru Crosstrek insurance online
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from local Chicago car insurance companies. The recommended way to find competitive insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it replaces the need to go to insurance agencies in your area. The internet has made agencies unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Chicago insurance discounts for a Subaru Crosstrek
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Chicago can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- 21st Century may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, defensive driver, good student, homeowners, and air bags.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multiple autos, good student, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, good student, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- Esurance discounts include online quote, good student, anti-lock brakes, safety device, and good driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, and bundle.
When getting free Chicago auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Chicago. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Chicago, click here.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Subaru Crosstrek is considered a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Chicago. Smaller low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most larger companies apply a discount to customers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Extra coverages can add up – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Having a single driving citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Youthful drivers in Illinois tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more you drive your Subaru each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Crosstrek can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage.
- How much liability coverage do you need? – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- A good credit rating can save money – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru Crosstrek by improving your rating. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many people still like to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Chicago.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Chicago that can give you free Chicago auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Shown below is a short list of insurers in Chicago that may be willing to give price quote information for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Chicago.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
After you get good responses to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an provider that is reliable enough to properly service your car insurance policy.
Save $481 a year! What?
Respected companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies make an identical promise that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch to them. But how can every company offer drivers better rates? This is the way they can do it.
Auto insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them the most money. An example of this type of driver might be described as a mature driver, owns their home, and has excellent credit. A customer that fits those parameters is entitled to the best price as well as cut their rates substantially.
People who do not match these criteria may be required to pay higher rates which results in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That’s why companies can make those statements.
This really drives home the point why it’s extremely important to get Chicago auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s not possible to predict which company will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare Subaru Crosstrek insurance premium rates in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Chicago auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional auto insurance information is available below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)