Want to learn a better way to compare more competitive Toyota Yaris insurance in Chicago? Are you kicking yourself for buying an overpriced car insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because there are lots of Chicago residents who feel the same.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American drivers could save up to $860 every year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Many insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to discover the definitive best price available on Toyota Yaris insurance in Chicago.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$104||$242||$384||$22||$114||$866||$72|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$138||$288||$250||$14||$76||$766||$64|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$340||$262||$16||$78||$872||$73|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$198||$390||$356||$22||$106||$1,072||$89|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$108||$210||$294||$18||$88||$718||$60|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$246||$316||$18||$94||$796||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific Chicago garaging location which can influence coverage rates significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Toyota Yaris premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Drive safe and save
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Toyota Yaris insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance policy discounts for Toyota Yaris insurance in Chicago
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount should help reduce your policy premium.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer cheap Toyota Yaris insurance quotes in Chicago in Illinois, click this link.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Chicago, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Yaris with a loan, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Toyota Yaris is worth?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Chicago.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Chicago who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper insurance rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find local Chicago agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Chicago that may be able to give comparison quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago willing to provide rate quotes.
Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Chicago?
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Yaris.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 20/40/15), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 20/40/15 which means $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, structural damage and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Illinois state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, dental work, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Yaris resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Yaris to save money on collision insurance.