Do you want to save money by finding more competitive auto insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Audi A6 insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online so you're going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Audi and find the lowest price from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in the United States could save themselves $859 a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes yearly since prices change regularly. If you had the best price on Audi A6 insurance in Chicago six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding a lower price on Audi A6 insurance can be quick and easy. You just need to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes to see which company has the cheapest Audi A6 rate quotes.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Illinois. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$716||$316||$18||$94||$1,450||$121|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$420||$342||$20||$102||$1,144||$95|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$530||$250||$14||$76||$1,112||$93|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$346||$766||$352||$20||$106||$1,590||$133|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$206||$388||$228||$14||$68||$904||$75|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$274||$600||$268||$16||$80||$1,238||$103|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$610||$294||$18||$88||$1,278||$107|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$168||$322||$226||$14||$68||$798||$67|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$576||$246||$14||$74||$1,172||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Audi A6 annual premium costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Chicago, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Audi A6 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your A6 definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
What Affects Audi A6 Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Discounts for alarm systems - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages - There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money if you aren't careful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Rates go up with performance - The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Because the Audi A6 is a luxury sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost more as compared to the average rate in Chicago. Low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Cautious drivers pay lower rates - Only having one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. People who have careless violations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Audi A6 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Audi A6 claim probability - Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium costs. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Audi A6 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi A6 Vehicles
Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A6 4dr 2WD 146 112 134 Audi A6 4dr 4WD 153 70 155 53 55 59
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Sign Online - A handful of companies will give you a small discount get Chicago auto insurance on the web.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to your current A6 insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Senior Discount - Seniors may receive better car insurance rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger car insurance companies have a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
To see companies who offer free Audi A6 insurance quotes in Chicago, follow this link.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Chicago.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Different types of car insurance agents in Chicago
If you're trying to find a good Chicago insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Chicago are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave - Chicago, IL 60657 - (773) 871-8000 - View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network Inc
4450 N Western Ave - Chicago, IL 60625 - (773) 433-3300 - View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network
330 S Wells St #1600 - Chicago, IL 60606 - (312) 427-1777 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below are Chicago exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Rhea Joyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
4911 N Lincoln Ave c - Chicago, IL 60625 - (773) 878-8883 - View Map
- Neal Gallo - State Farm Insurance Agent
6666 N Western Ave - Chicago, IL 60645 - (773) 743-6565 - View Map
- Jim Mays Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
4465 N Milwaukee Ave - Chicago, IL 60630 - (773) 282-1500 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If they are an independent agency in Chicago, which companies do they recommend?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Cost effective Audi A6 insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Chicago, so you need to quote Chicago auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Audi A6 insurance rates in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
Other learning opportunities
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)