Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Chicago? Having to pay for pricey Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Chicago can overdraw your funds and force you to tighten up your finances.
Astonishing but true, about 70% of customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Illinois insurance shoppers could pocket almost $590 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they switched.
With drivers having so many different company options, it can be impossible to choose a lower cost insurance provider.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Chicago seems hard but is not really that difficult. In a nutshell, every car owner who wants cheaper auto insurance will probably buy a cheaper policy. Although Illinois consumers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Chicago is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if you’re married, if a SR-22 is needed, how much you drive, and your credit rating estimate. That information is automatically sent to many different companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your car now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$224||$460||$356||$22||$106||$1,168||$97|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$160||$364||$310||$18||$92||$944||$79|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$244||$622||$384||$22||$114||$1,386||$116|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$178||$420||$384||$22||$114||$1,118||$93|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$196||$452||$310||$18||$92||$1,068||$89|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$230||$506||$304||$18||$90||$1,148||$96|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$188||$298||$304||$18||$90||$898||$75|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$198||$420||$384||$22||$114||$1,138||$95|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$218||$474||$334||$20||$100||$1,146||$96|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$134||$246||$310||$18||$92||$800||$67|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$244||$452||$384||$22||$114||$1,216||$101|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$198||$444||$284||$16||$84||$1,026||$86|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$120||$272||$278||$16||$84||$770||$64|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$134||$246||$310||$18||$92||$800||$67|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$134||$246||$310||$18||$92||$800||$67|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$242||$492||$334||$20||$100||$1,188||$99|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$168||$284||$300||$18||$90||$860||$72|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$354||$550||$386||$22||$116||$1,428||$119|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$306||$632||$356||$22||$106||$1,422||$119|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$302||$540||$300||$18||$90||$1,250||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in your specific Chicago location which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
Gender-based auto insurance rates in Chicago
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents influence Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Chicago
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
Filing claims can cost you more – Car insurance companies in Illinois give most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
More people means more accidents – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
Tickets mean higher premiums – Having just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers premiums – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be rearending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Marriage is a factor – Your spouse may save some money compared to being single. Having a spouse is viewed as being more financially stable and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Liability insurance is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Add-on coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may sound like good ideas initially, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Online Discount – Some companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a safe driver course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Ram 2500 insurance in Chicago.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
To view insurance companies with significant discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Illinois?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local agents and car insurance
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Chicago?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to use a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Chicago are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to include a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
The following are independent insurance agents in Chicago that can give you price quote information.
Shop smart and save
The cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Chicago can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
As you quote Chicago car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional insurance information can be found at these links:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)