Do you want to save money by buying cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance in Chicago? Finding discount Chicago Kia Soul EV insurance quotes on the internet can seem to be rather challenging for beginners to buying insurance on the web. Since there are so many companies in the marketplace, how are consumers expected to even start to compare all the different companies and get the best pricing?
It’s hard to believe, but most drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Illinois could cut their rates by about $590 a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around once or twice a year because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Kia Soul EV insurance in Chicago a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Don’t believe everything you read about Soul EV insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your insurance rates in Chicago.
Many insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get price estimates direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Kia Soul EV insurance in Chicago can be done by anyone as you just type in your coverage preferences into the form. Once entered, their rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Chicago helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get lower-cost insurance pricing.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you’re receiving rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Save a ton on Kia Soul EV insurance in Chicago with these discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Chicago car insurance quote.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Chicago, click here.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Chicago, car insurance serves an important purpose.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Soul EV, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Kia Soul EV and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to save money.
It’s not one size fits all
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What happens if I owe more than my Kia Soul EV is worth?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Chicago?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Comparing prices from local Chicago insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to companies in Chicago who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Chicago for you
If you want to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Agents in Chicago can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Chicago that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Gus Andrade – State Farm Insurance Agent
4355 W 26th St – Chicago, IL 60623 – (773) 521-0216 – View Map
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agents in Chicago that are able to give rate quotes.
- ABI Insurance Agency
4806 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 202-9666 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network Inc
4450 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 433-3300 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network
330 S Wells St #1600 – Chicago, IL 60606 – (312) 427-1777 – View Map