How many times have you put off comparing quotes for lower-priced Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Chicago? When shopping for lower-cost insurance, do you get frustrated by the dozens of car insurance sources that you can choose from? Illinois people have so many choices that it can easily turn into a real difficult job to locate the lowest rates for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Chicago. Chicago is a great city to live in, but inflated car insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Statistics show that most car insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in Chicago can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons before your next renewal since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Chicago a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Low-cost Volkswagen insurance price quotes in Chicago
The following companies offer price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for these ten discounts?
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Golf SportWagen insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Chicago auto insurance over the internet.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- No Accidents – Chicago drivers who stay claim-free pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow companies to study driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, passive restraint, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Travelers may include discounts for home ownership, continuous insurance, student away at school, early quote, good student, multi-car, and save driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, accident-free, Steer into Savings, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, newly retired, teen driver discount, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Illinois, click this link.
When to contact an agent
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Chicago who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Chicago are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Chicago who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Jim Tom – State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 477-3300 – View Map
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
- Kathleen McKenzie – State Farm Insurance Agent
725 W 31st St – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 791-1200 – View Map
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that can give you comparison quotes.
- ABI Insurance Agency
4806 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 202-9666 – View Map
- Skyline Insurance Agency, Inc.
2302 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 525-7500 – View Map
- Zeiler Insurance Services, Inc.
3660 E 106th St – Chicago, IL 60617 – (773) 375-3600 – View Map
After getting reasonable responses to these questions as well as the cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Chicago quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide auto insurance coverage. It’s important to know that consumers can cancel a policy when you choose so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to your new company indefinitely.
Insurance coverage options for a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, damage from getting keyed and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your Golf SportWagen caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Golf SportWagen to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Illinois limits are 20/40/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 20/40/15 that means you have a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, $40,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, attorney fees, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Illinois requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but drivers should carry higher limits.
One last thing about your coverage
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
When getting Chicago auto insurance quotes online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Chicago auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- How Much is Chicago Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)