Would you like to stop wasting money and find the cheapest Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Chicago? Being forced to pay for pricey insurance premiums can consume your family’s budget and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing cost estimates can help to tighten up your finances.
A recent study showed that about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. American drivers could cut their rates by roughly $859 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switched. You have so many car insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Chicago.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Chicago is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the following tips. You only need to know the most efficient way to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
Best companies for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Components of Your Volkswagen Rabbit Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen Rabbit by repairing your credit. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores.
- Guys pay higher prices – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – Policies have extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Marriage can lower rates – Having a significant other actually saves money when buying insurance. It means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Safer cars cost less to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Volkswagen has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Deter theft and lower prices – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Even a single driving citation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten dangerous tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Chicago
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount available very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Chicago Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, good driver, air bags, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, and good student.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, business or organization, easy pay, family plan, accident-free, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, air bags, teen driver, theft prevention, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, good student, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- Allstate discounts include eSmart discount, auto/life discount, anti-theft, EZ pay plan discount, teenSMART discount, passive restraint, and economy car.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To locate insurers that offer multiple discounts in Illinois, click here.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to participating agents in Chicago that can provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Chicago should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does their agency support local causes in Chicago?
- How long have they been in business?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Types of car insurance agents in Chicago
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Chicago can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Chicago that are able to give price quotes.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-conscious Volkswagen Rabbit insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)