Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for low-cost Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Chicago? Do you get overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurance providers available to you? There are so many options that it can really be a real hassle to locate the lowest prices for Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Chicago. Everyone knows Chicago has many things to offer, but the high premiums for insurance makes it difficult to buy full coverage.
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Illinois drivers can save 40% each year, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage quite often due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. If you had the best rate on Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Chicago six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find a ton of advice on Touareg insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to lower your insurance bill.
Where can I get low cost Chicago Volkswagen Touareg insurance?
Most companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give price estimates online. Comparing Volkswagen Touareg insurance rates online is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into a form. After you complete the form, their quoting system will order reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information.
Quoting online for Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Chicago makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest auto insurance rates.
In order to use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will have a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Chicago, IL. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Touareg 3 Turbo Diesel AWD 4-Dr||$322||$550||$342||$20||$102||$1,336||$111|
|Touareg 3.6 AWD 4-Dr||$272||$622||$340||$20||$102||$1,356||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in your specific Chicago location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates significantly.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims increase Volkswagen Touareg insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course teaching safe driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Chicago auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Chicago and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Chicago.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to monitor driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered in Chicago. For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Chicago, click this link.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Policy add-ons add up – There are a ton of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Touareg policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Car insurance lapses raise prices – Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Illinois DMV.
Do you have a high stress vocation? – Jobs like fire fighters, architects and dentists usually pay the highest rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations like actors, historians and homemakers get better rates.
Lower rates for married couples – Being married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
How many coverages with the same company – The majority of companies will award better rates for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare Volkswagen Touareg rates in Chicago to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Costs can change based on your address – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Volkswagen Touareg insurance loss data – Insurers study historical loss data when setting premium costs. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Touareg vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Volkswagen Touareg Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Touareg 4dr 4WD||131||115||133||56||65||87|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need advice from an insurance agency
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Chicago can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chicago who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Gus Andrade – State Farm Insurance Agent
4355 W 26th St – Chicago, IL 60623 – (773) 521-0216 – View Map
- Angela Roudez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 S State St – Chicago, IL 60605 – (312) 663-1820 – View Map
- Grace Murray – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (708) 453-1771 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
- Edwards Insurance Agency, Inc.
11113 S Kedzie Ave – Chicago, IL 60655 – (773) 396-5526 – View Map
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
- ABI Insurance Agency
4806 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 202-9666 – View Map
Persistence will pay off
There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Chicago is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)