Are you irritated from not being able to afford to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as the majority of other drivers in Illinois.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in America could save an average of $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
There are many insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, having more insurers makes it harder to find a good deal for Volvo S80 insurance in Chicago.
Best companies for Volvo S80 insurance
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$158||$308||$246||$14||$74||$800||$67|
|S80 Executive AWD||$150||$370||$340||$20||$102||$982||$82|
|S80 V8 AWD||$268||$642||$294||$18||$88||$1,310||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change insurance rates greatly.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volvo S80 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Six Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings.
- Pay lower costs if you’re married – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your policy. It usually means you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Don’t abuse policy claims – Auto insurance companies in Illinois generally give most affordable rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Low credit rating equals high prices – Your credit rating is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit rating is low, you may save money insuring your Volvo S80 by repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- Liability limits should be high – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – There are a lot of additional coverages that can add up when buying insurance. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- No insurance gaps is important – Going without insurance can be a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Insurance losses for a Volvo S80 – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volvo S80 Models
Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S80 4dr 2WD 82 Volvo S80 4dr 4WD 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Volvo S80 insurance in Chicago
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total S80 insurance premium.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will definitely lower your overall bill.
A few companies that may have most of these discounts possibly include:
Double check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Illinois, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Chicago.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Chicago that provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a good Chicago insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Chicago can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below are Chicago independent agents who may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Chicago willing to provide price quote information.
Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Chicago?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Lower rates by being persistent
We just presented a lot of information how to find affordable Volvo S80 insurance in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Volvo S80 insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When searching for low cost Chicago auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)