Are you at wits end from scraping nickels together to pay auto insurance each month? Your situation is no different than many other Illinois consumers.
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. Consumers in Chicago can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy. Since consumers have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be hard to locate a more affordable insurance company.
Consumers should take time to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis since rates change regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Jaguar XF insurance in Chicago a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Chicago can be made easier if you know where to look. If you’re already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Smart buyers just need to understand the best way to get comparison rates over the internet.
Take policy discounts and save on Jaguar XF insurance in Chicago
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for before being credited.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when getting a Chicago auto insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Chicago auto insurance quote.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Auto insurance companies that may offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see providers who offer car insurance discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Jaguar XF insurance in Chicago is to know the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as your credit rating estimate, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, how many miles driven, and types of safety features. Your details is submitted instantly to many different companies and they return quotes immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Chicago.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$444||$250||$14||$76||$1,002||$84|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$322||$266||$16||$80||$852||$71|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$484||$246||$14||$74||$1,054||$88|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$456||$340||$20||$102||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific location information which can revise rates greatly.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Jaguar XF insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender in Chicago
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XF annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cautious drivers save money
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can drive up Jaguar XF insurance prices for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
What Impacts Jaguar XF Insurance Rates?
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Do females or males drive better? – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your address can modify costs – Living in a rural area has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Illinois cities tend to have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Teenage drivers cost more – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single driving citation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have license-revoking citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Credit score impacts costs – Your credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Jaguar XF if you clean up your credit. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with worse credit.
- Never go without car insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Illinois department of motor vehicles.
- Save by driving less – The more miles you rack up on your Jaguar in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your vehicle rating states the right rating data. Improper usage on your XF can cost quite a bit.
- Insurance loss data for a Jaguar XF – Car insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the loss history for Jaguar XF vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Jaguar XF Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XF 4dr 2WD 169 101 191 98 Jaguar XF 4dr 4WD 206 83 152
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a local Chicago insurance agency
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago willing to provide price quote information.
Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Chicago independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jaguar XF in Chicago, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Jaguar XF, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Jaguar gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so shop around every year to save money.
Frequent quotes can save
Cheap Jaguar XF insurance in Chicago can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just read many ways to find lower-cost Jaguar XF insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)