Finding cheaper Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Chicago can be slightly frustrating for drivers new to online rate comparisons. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a real difficult job to find better rates on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance.
It's shocking but a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Illinois could save themselves up to 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest premium rates on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Chicago a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're going to learn one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
When shopping for inexpensive Chicago auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from different companies. The easiest way to find cheaper Jeep Grand Cherokee rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates helps you find more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$194||$398||$274||$16||$82||$964||$80|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$176||$344||$250||$14||$76||$860||$72|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$156||$310||$352||$20||$106||$944||$79|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$206||$398||$352||$20||$106||$1,082||$90|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$244||$540||$340||$20||$102||$1,246||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can change premiums significantly.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The chart below shows the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Illinois minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Jeep Grand Cherokee replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance quotes
Companies don't always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Grand Cherokee insurance premium.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works. But any discount will cut your overall bill.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, driver training, and federal employee.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance offers discounts for safety device, paid-in-full, renters, defensive driver, DriveSense, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
When quoting, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find providers that offer the discounts shown above in Illinois, click here to view.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance preserves both your Jeep Grand Cherokee and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
It's not one size fits all
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Jeep Grand Cherokee is totaled?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- How high should deductibles be on a Jeep Grand Cherokee?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Comparing quotes from local Chicago insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Chicago.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You won't need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Chicago will have answers to these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Illinois?