How many times have you told yourself to find more affordable Kia Borrego insurance in Chicago? Locating better insurance prices for a Kia Borrego in Illinois can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Kia and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Chicago agents.
You should take the time to compare rates occasionally because insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best rate on Kia Borrego insurance in Chicago a few years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Borrego insurance in Chicago
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Borrego insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Chicago Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Chicago can get you a discount because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could be rewarded with slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, good student, good driver, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for multi-car, mature driver, teen driver, business and professional, bundle discounts, switch companies, and youthful driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- American Family offers premium reductions for bundled insurance, good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, anti-theft, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Chicago car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Chicago.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Premiums also based on gender – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. They also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Tickets mean higher rates – Attentive drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Having just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with multiple tickets like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
Marriage is a factor – Your spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Cheap rates for being claim-free – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Illinois award discounts to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Only buy what you need – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Bundling policies can get discounts – Most companies allow lower prices for people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other Chicago Borrego insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Kia from damage. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, hail damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupations such as real estate brokers, airline pilots, and dentists generally have higher rates than average attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Chicago.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Chicago who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you would like to find local Chicago agents, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Chicago can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Below are Chicago independent agencies that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
- Urban Insurance Agency
800 W Huron St #301 – Chicago, IL 60642 – (312) 664-8088 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
- Dave Rundle – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 W 63rd St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 735-0135 – View Map
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
- Mark Mackey – State Farm Insurance Agent
3338 W Foster Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 604-4334 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long have they been in business?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is the quote a firm price?
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you are entitled to cancel a policy whenever you wish so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with the auto insurance policy with no way to switch.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing your policy, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Will my Kia Borrego be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What if I total my Kia Borrego and owe more than it’s worth?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Persistent drivers can save
Lower-priced Kia Borrego insurance in Chicago can be found from both online companies in addition to many Chicago insurance agents, so get free Chicago car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read many ways to save on Kia Borrego insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)