Tired of scraping nickels together to make your auto insurance payment? You are no different than most other consumers in Illinois.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Illinois could save $586 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around. Many insurers vie for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to discover the definitive best rates possible on Kia Niro insurance in Chicago.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, take advantage of these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best rates in Chicago is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Consumers only need to know the tricks to shop instantly.
Best Kia Niro insurance price quotes in Illinois
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Cheap Chicago insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Chicago auto insurance depending on your company.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Chicago auto insurance quote.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- American Family has discounts for early bird, air bags, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide offers discounts including multi-policy, easy pay, family plan, defensive driving, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for driver training, teen driver, theft prevention, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, youthful driver, bundle discounts, early shopping, business and professional, and homeowner.
- Allstate includes discounts for economy car, teenSMART discount, premier discount, passive restraint, FullPay discount, early signing, and EZ pay plan discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Car Insurance at a Discount
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
The items below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Kia Niro is classified as a crossover, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Chicago.
No policy claims equals cheap prices – Car insurance companies in Illinois award better rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Older drivers save more – Teenage drivers in Illinois have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a youthful driver to your car insurance policy can be quite pricey. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Kia from damage. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
How many coverages with the same company – Lots of car insurance companies give a discount to buyers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare Kia Niro rates in Chicago to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Can a thief steal your car? – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Chicago who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Chicago may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Chicago exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to check rates from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent agencies in Chicago who can help you get price quotes.
Upon getting reasonable responses to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just understand that you are entitled to cancel a policy at any time so don’t feel that you’re stuck with any particular company for the full term.
Budget-conscious Kia Niro insurance can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered a lot of techniques to compare Kia Niro insurance car insurance rates in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Kia Niro rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)