Do you want low-cost Kia Rio insurance in Chicago? Are you burned out from being strong-armed to insure your Kia every month? You are in the same boat as many other vehicle owners in Illinois.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in Chicago can save 40% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switched. Since you have so many choices for buying cheap insurance for a Kia Rio in Chicago, it can be diffult for drivers to choose a more affordable company.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Rio insurance in Chicago
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from Chicago attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current Rio insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Chicago car insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, accident-free, Steer into Savings, early bird, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for youthful driver, safe driver, good student, renewal discount, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, save driver, continuous insurance, multi-car, IntelliDrive, and early quote.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, daytime running lights, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
When getting free Chicago car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Chicago, follow this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Kia Rio insurance in Chicago is to understand most larger insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data like if the vehicle is leased, if you’re married, how many miles driven, and your education level. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to all major companies and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can change insurance rates greatly.
Kia Rio full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Kia Rio car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Illinois. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Kia Rio book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents impact Kia Rio annual premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Kia Rio car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Local Chicago auto insurance agents and car insurance
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Chicago that can provide free Chicago car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Chicago should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Chicago?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Listed below is a list of insurance companies in Chicago that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Kia Rio insurance in Chicago.
If you receive acceptable answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurer that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We covered some good ideas how you can save on Kia Rio insurance in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Kia Rio rate quotes. You may even find the best rates are with the least-expected company. These companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-conscious Kia Rio insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you quote Chicago car insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)