Do you want an efficient way to compare the cheapest Kia Sportage insurance in Chicago? Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced Kia Sportage insurance in Chicago? Say no more because many Chicago consumers are in the same pinch.
Inconceivable but true, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Chicago can cut their rates by approximately 40% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they changed companies.
Because you have many insurance companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Kia Sportage in Chicago, it can be hard to pick the most cost effective company.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes at least once a year because insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rate on Kia Sportage insurance in Chicago a couple years back a different company probably has better prices today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
These techniques will teach you a little about the most effective way to quote insurance. If you have insurance now, you will be able to find better prices using the concepts you’re about to learn. Nevertheless, Illinois car owners must comprehend how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Low-cost car insurance in Chicago, IL
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$178||$306||$268||$16||$80||$848||$71|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$168||$344||$294||$18||$88||$912||$76|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$150||$252||$268||$16||$80||$766||$64|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$194||$384||$340||$20||$102||$1,040||$87|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$122||$246||$316||$18||$94||$796||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Kia Sportage insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
The Kia Sportage Insurance Rate Equation
Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in better insurance rates. Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Amount of liability protection – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Decrease insurance rates by maintaining coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Illinois motor vehicle department.
- How credit score affects insurance prices – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. So if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Sportage by improving your rating. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Kia. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Where you call home can influence costs – Living in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when talking about insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Illinois areas tend to have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- Certain employers pay higher rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like doctors, airline pilots, and miners tend to pay the highest rates due to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like actors, historians and retirees get better rates.
- Premiums go up with performance – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Kia Sportage falls in the crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Chicago.
- Bundle policies and save – Most companies allow a discount to buyers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Kia Sportage insurance loss data – Companies use historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that have higher loss trends will have increased rates.
The table below shows the loss history for Kia Sportage vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sportage Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD 82 100 66 113 127 109 Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD 90 100 83 116 108 101
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Slash rates with these money saving discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Chicago can save you money because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance carriers give a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chicago car insurance quote.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for better insurance rates.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, homeowners, early bird, anti-lock brakes, driver training, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, student away at school, and good student.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, easy pay, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, DriveSense, Switch & Save, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, and driver training.
Double check with all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount rates in Illinois, click this link.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Chicago.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Chicago can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Chicago that can possibly get you free price quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Chicago exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Illinois?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
You just learned many ideas to shop for Kia Sportage insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Kia Sportage insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper Kia Sportage insurance in Chicago can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)