Would you like to stop wasting money and find lower-priced Lexus GS 200t insurance in Chicago? If you’re searching for more affordable insurance, are you intimidated by the wide range of insurance providers that you can choose from? Many other people are too. You have so many providers available that it can easily turn into hard work to find better premium rates for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Chicago. Everyone knows that Chicago is an excellent city in which to live, but expensive premiums for insurance makes it difficult to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Chicago drivers could cut their rates by as much as $586 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates as often as possible because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best rates on Lexus GS 200t insurance in Chicago on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is lot of inaccurate information about GS 200t insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some good information on how to slash your insurance rates in Chicago.
When quoting car insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance is not optional in Illinois
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus GS 200t in Chicago, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus GS 200t, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Lexus. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Chicago is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to save money.
Insurance ads are enticing
Well-known insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. They all seem to state the claim about how much you will save if you get a free Chicago auto insurance quote and switch to them. It sounds good, but how can they all cost less than your current company?
Insurance providers are able to cherry pick for a prospective insured that will be a good risk. For instance, a profitable insured should be between the ages of 40 and 55, carries full coverage, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that fits those parameters will probably get the lowest car insurance rates and will most likely cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who fall short of the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher prices and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best rates.
Each company has different criteria, so you really should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance company will have the best prices at this point in time.
Chicago insurance discounts for a Lexus GS 200t
Companies do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new GS 200t may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select car insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current GS 200t insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall bill.
A few companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
If you want cheaper Chicago auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered in your area. To locate providers with discount rates in Illinois, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Chicago auto insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is definitely important in Chicago.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Chicago who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you need to find a good Chicago insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you will want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to different regional companies which can save you money.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Chicago that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
- Great Northern Insurance Agency
5632 S Pulaski Rd – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 838-3900 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following are Chicago exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Gus Andrade – State Farm Insurance Agent
4355 W 26th St – Chicago, IL 60623 – (773) 521-0216 – View Map
- Jim Tom – State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 477-3300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Maribel Marron
3060 W Armitage Ave – Chicago, IL 60647 – (773) 572-9495 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any good agent in Chicago should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Lexus GS 200t insurance in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and even high prices. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)