Buying lower-cost Chicago Lincoln Continental insurance quotes on the web can seem to be somewhat intimidating for people new to comparing rates and buying auto insurance online. With literally dozens of online companies available, how are people expected to have a chance to compare every possible option in order to find cheaper auto insurance rates?
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Chicago consumers could cut their rates by as much as 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to shop around.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Illinois
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in Chicago
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Chicago can save you money since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, air bags, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, anti-theft, defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Esurance offers discounts for emergency road assistance, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, online shopper, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Chicago. To locate companies who offer free Lincoln Continental insurance quotes in Illinois, click here.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better car insurance rates.
- How’s your driving record? – Getting just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get careless violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
- Better car insurance rates for uninterrupted coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a fast way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Illinois DMV.
- Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If the Lincoln Continental earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Don’t abuse car insurance claims – If you frequently file small claims, don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Companies in Illinois award most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
What if I want to buy from local Chicago auto insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Chicago.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Chicago who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want to buy insurance from a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents in Chicago can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Chicago who can help you get price quote information.
- Thomas Ward Insurance Group
707 W Willow St – Chicago, IL 60614 – (312) 254-1500 – View Map
- ABI Insurance Agency
4806 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 202-9666 – View Map
- Urban Insurance Agency
800 W Huron St #301 – Chicago, IL 60642 – (312) 664-8088 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Chicago exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
- Mark Mackey – State Farm Insurance Agent
3338 W Foster Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 604-4334 – View Map
- Rhea Joyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4911 N Lincoln Ave c – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 878-8883 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Chicago, get answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Chicago?
If you receive good responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy.
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save if you change your policy. It sounds good, but how can they all offer you a better deal on Lincoln Continental insurance in Chicago? Here is the trick they use.
Most companies have specific criteria for the type of customer that will generate a profit. For instance, this type of driver might have to be between 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any customer that matches those criteria may get the lowest car insurance rates in Chicago and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who do not fit the requirements will be quoted higher premium rates and the customer buying from someone else. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way companies can claim big savings.
This really emphasizes why it is so important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will give you the biggest savings.
Compare rates regularly to save
Cheap Lincoln Continental insurance in Chicago is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Other learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)