Do you want an efficient way to compare the cheapest Mazda RX-8 insurance in Chicago? Having to pay for high-priced Mazda RX-8 insurance in Chicago can dry up your family’s budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Performing a rate comparison is a smart way to lower your monthly bill.
Statistics show that most drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average premium in Illinois being $1,500, drivers could pocket 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop around.
Lots of car insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
It is always a good idea to compare rates before your policy renews since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best rate on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Chicago last year a different company probably has better premium rates today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding RX-8 insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the best ways to find affordable auto insurance in Chicago.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Chicago is really not that difficult. Nevertheless, Illinois vehicle owners must know how big insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
Affordable companies for Mazda RX-8 insurance in Illinois
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$178||$332||$294||$18||$88||$910||$76|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$134||$284||$294||$18||$88||$818||$68|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$322||$550||$342||$20||$102||$1,336||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
An analysis of deductible level
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can change Mazda RX-8 insurance prices for each different age category. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
- Poor credit score equals high premiums – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Mazda RX-8 by repairing your credit. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If the Mazda RX-8 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive your Mazda in a year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated RX-8 may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Marriage can save on car insurance – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums when buying car insurance. Marriage translates into being more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Get cheaper rates on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Chicago with these insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some must be asked for before being credited.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Chicago can help you save on insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to spy on driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- American Family discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, good driver, air bags, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, passive restraint, good student, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers has savings for continuous insurance, new car, multi-car, home ownership, and student away at school.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, good student, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Chicago, click here to view.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Chicago who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Illinois?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Listed below are Chicago auto insurance companies that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Mazda RX-8 insurance in Chicago.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Auto insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all advertise the message that people will save if you get a free Chicago car insurance quote and switch to them. How is it possible that every company can claim to save you money? It’s all in the wording.
Most companies have specific criteria for the type of insured that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of driver should be over the age of 35, has other policies, and has great credit. Any person who fits that profile receives the best prices in Chicago and will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who do not match these criteria may be required to pay more expensive rates with the end result being business going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This emphasizes why you really should quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
How much can you save?
In this article, we presented many ideas to reduce Mazda RX-8 insurance prices online in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Discount Mazda RX-8 insurance in Chicago can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information can be read at the links below
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)