Would you like to buy low-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Chicago? If online insurance comparisons are new to you, most likely you are overwhelmed because of the huge number insurance agents and companies all claiming to save you money.
Shockingly, 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. American drivers could save roughly $860 every year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons periodically because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Chicago six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad information regarding SLS AMG insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to find cheap insurance in Chicago.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Chicago is quite easy. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. But Illinois drivers must understand how the larger insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because it varies considerably.
Companies offering Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Chicago
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Some insurers do not list all their discounts very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Distant Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Chicago and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premiums.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, pay in full, homeowner, and early shopping.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, newly married, teen driver discount, and good student.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate insurers that offer some of these discounts in Illinois, click here to view.
Local Chicago car insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Chicago who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Chicago for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are well schooled in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Chicago that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mike Matkowskyj – State Farm Insurance Agent
2452 W Chicago Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 486-4444 – View Map
- Tamika Echols – State Farm Insurance Agent
1611 N Clybourn Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (312) 944-9700 – View Map
- Gus Andrade – State Farm Insurance Agent
4355 W 26th St – Chicago, IL 60623 – (773) 521-0216 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Chicago who can help you get comparison quotes.
- ABI Insurance Agency
4806 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 202-9666 – View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map
- Eagle Insurance Agency
3517 N Spaulding Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 463-7576 – View Map
If you receive reasonable responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Car insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. They all seem to state the claim that drivers will save a bundle if you switch to them. How can each company give you a lower rate on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Chicago?
Insurance companies have underwriting criteria for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. For instance, this type of driver may need to be a married female, has never had a claim, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any customer that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates in Chicago and is almost guaranteed to save some money.
Potential customers who are not a match for those criteria may receive higher premium rates which results in the customer not buying. The trick companies use is to say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can make those statements. This really emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will have better rates than you’re paying now.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Low-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Chicago is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Chicago car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)