Do you want to learn to get lower-priced Nissan 370Z insurance in Chicago? If you’re trying to find cheaper insurance on the web, do you get frustrated by the sheer number of insurance choices in your area? Illinois vehicle owners have such a large number of options that it can really be a real hassle to find the perfect company for you. Everyone knows that Chicago is a great city to raise a family in, but having to pay for pricey insurance can make it hard to purchase enough protection.
Regrettably, most Illinois insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save an average of up to $860 each year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you cheaper 370Z insurance.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Chicago car insurance with certain companies.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers with discount rates in Chicago, click here to view.
To get low cost Chicago car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from lots of Illinois insurance companies. The best method to find affordable Nissan 370Z insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparing insurance rates, know that more quotes will enable you to find the best price.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$452||$334||$20||$100||$1,102||$92|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$218||$452||$294||$18||$88||$1,070||$89|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$444||$284||$16||$84||$1,026||$86|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$206||$372||$262||$16||$78||$934||$78|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$154||$422||$356||$22||$106||$1,060||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Chicago which can modify premium rates noticeably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below examines Nissan 370Z insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan 370Z replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Chicago
The information below shows the difference between Nissan 370Z auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents can increase Nissan 370Z annual premium costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Chicago insurance agency
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Chicago that can provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How long has their agency been open in Chicago?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Chicago who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Roni Siegel – State Farm Insurance Agent
860 N Clark St – Chicago, IL 60610 – (312) 751-0500 – View Map
- Rhea Joyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4911 N Lincoln Ave c – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 878-8883 – View Map
- Peter Grande – State Farm Insurance Agent
1535 W Division St – Chicago, IL 60642 – (773) 270-4600 – View Map
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they can write business through many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you should always compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
- Amigo Insurance Agency
5902 W Fullerton Ave – Chicago, IL 60639 – (877) 999-2644 – View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan 370Z has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Nissan and your personal assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Illinois is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability coverages – This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 20/40/15 that translate to a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and medical services. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Illinois requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, damage from getting keyed, vandalism and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Nissan 370Z.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 20/40/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your 370Z resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your 370Z to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for rehabilitation expenses, surgery, dental work, doctor visits and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Nissan 370Z insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chicago car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Chicago can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Chicago car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)