Do you want low-cost Nissan Versa insurance in Chicago? Did a good deal turn into an overpriced auto insurance policy? Say no more because many Chicago drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers in Illinois kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. American consumers could cut their rates by 46.5% a year, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy. Because there are so many different company options, it can be impossible to find the lowest cost insurance company.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Chicago car insurance with certain companies.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Nissan Versa insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chicago car insurance quote.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, driver training, and federal employee.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, drive less, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for theft prevention, defensive driver, early bird, student driver, and homeowners.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Chicago. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with the best discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
Cheap Chicago Nissan Versa insurance rate quotes
Reducing your Nissan Versa insurance rates can be quick and easy. All you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from online providers.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$166||$344||$352||$20||$106||$988||$82|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$130||$298||$268||$16||$80||$792||$66|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$152||$392||$294||$18||$88||$944||$79|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$150||$342||$268||$16||$80||$856||$71|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$216||$622||$340||$20||$102||$1,300||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower prices substantially.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents increase Nissan Versa insurance rates for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Buying car insurance from Chicago car insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent. Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Chicago.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Listed below is a list of insurers in Chicago that can give you rate quotes for Nissan Versa insurance in Chicago.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Chicago should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is there a local claims center in Chicago?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Illinois?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Persistent drivers can save
Cheaper auto insurance in Chicago can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, so you need to shop Chicago car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer online quoting and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
We covered many ways to lower your Nissan Versa insurance car insurance rates in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Chicago car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)