Are you trying to find more competitive Pontiac Aztek insurance in Chicago? Getting the lowest cost Chicago Pontiac Aztek insurance quotes over the internet is challenging for beginners to comparing prices over the internet. With so many agents and companies in the marketplace, how are vehicle owners expected to efficiently compare every company to locate the best available rates?
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Drivers in the U.S. could save as much as $850 each year just by shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Illinois. The simplest method to find the lowest Pontiac Aztek rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Just remember that comparing more prices will increase your chances of finding the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide Chicago Aztek insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Take advantage of these rate reducing discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Chicago Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, professional/association, location of vehicle, ease of repair, annual mileage, age of vehicle, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, teen driver, switch companies, pay in full, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Allstate includes discounts for farm vehicle, early signing, resident student, new car, utility vehicle, teenSMART discount, and auto/life discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Chicago.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Illinois is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Chicago auto insurance agent
Some people just want to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Chicago.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Chicago that provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Chicago that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Talro Insurance Agency
4900 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 205-8255 – View Map
- Active Insurance Agency – Auto Insurance
1034 N Ashland Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 286-3473 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network
330 S Wells St #1600 – Chicago, IL 60606 – (312) 427-1777 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
- Angela Roudez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 S State St – Chicago, IL 60605 – (312) 663-1820 – View Map
- Rhea Joyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4911 N Lincoln Ave c – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 878-8883 – View Map
- Kathleen McKenzie – State Farm Insurance Agent
725 W 31st St – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 791-1200 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Illinois?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Chicago?