Locating low-cost insurance for your Pontiac G8 in Illinois can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Pontiac and find the lowest price either online or from Chicago insurance agents.
You need to get comparison quotes periodically because car insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest price on Pontiac G8 insurance in Chicago a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Pontiac G8 insurance in Chicago.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Chicago is really quite easy. If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers only have to learn the quickest way to compare prices over the internet.
Cheapest car insurance in Chicago, IL
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from Chicago attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To locate auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Chicago who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which family members are covered?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Chicago?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What companies can they write with?
If you want local Chicago agents, it helps to know the two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Chicago can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Chicago who may provide you with price quotes.
- Peter Grande – State Farm Insurance Agent
1535 W Division St – Chicago, IL 60642 – (773) 270-4600 – View Map
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
- Jim Tom – State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 477-3300 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Riehn Insurance
4541 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 561-4200 – View Map
- Great Northern Insurance Agency
5632 S Pulaski Rd – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 838-3900 – View Map
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Pontiac G8 insurance in Chicago is attainable online in addition to many Chicago insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
People leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)