Locating low-cost insurance for a new or used Pontiac Vibe in Illinois can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to save time. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Pontiac and locate the best price possible from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Pontiac Vibe insurance in Chicago six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the only way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How to compare free Chicago Pontiac Vibe insurance quotes
Getting cheap Pontiac Vibe insurance pricing isn’t really that difficult. Just take a few minutes to compare rates from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can alter price quotes considerably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders can raise Pontiac Vibe insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Discount Chicago auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may be able to get reduced rates.
- Chicago Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Chicago car insurance quote.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Some companies that may have most of these discounts include:
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply in every state. To see insurance companies who offer free Pontiac Vibe insurance quotes in Chicago, click this link.
You may want advice from an agent
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Chicago that can give you free Chicago car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How are claims handled?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Chicago?
- How long has their agency been open in Chicago?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
If you need to find local Chicago agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know why they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
- Jim Tom – State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 477-3300 – View Map
- Rhea Joyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4911 N Lincoln Ave c – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 878-8883 – View Map
- Neal Gallo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6666 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60645 – (773) 743-6565 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
- American Auto Insurance
3201 N Harlem Ave #1 – Chicago, IL 60634 – (773) 286-3500 – View Map
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 666-8800 – View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance
100 W. Randolph, Suite C14 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 201-9111 – View Map
Four Things That Impact Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower premium levels.
Having a spouse is a bonus – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It translates into being less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
With age comes lower rates – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Teen drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest rates will generally be found on small economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Pontiac Vibe falls in the compact car class, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Chicago.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Pontiac. Some instances where coverage would apply are a dented fender, collision with an animal, and burglary. Your deductibles define how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required by state law in Illinois and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Vibe has a loan, almost every bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Pontiac and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote more to save more
Cheap Pontiac Vibe insurance in Chicago can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on Pontiac Vibe insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Chicago car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)