If you’ve never shopped for Chicago auto insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably baffled by the large number of local and online companies all advertising big savings for Saturn Astra insurance in Chicago.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Illinois have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in the United States could pocket as much as $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop around.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Saturn Astra insurance in Chicago a couple years back you can probably find a better rate quote now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Astra insurance out there, but you can learn some tested techniques to find cheap auto insurance in Chicago.
Saturn Astra insurance quotes comparison
When shopping for Saturn Astra insurance in Chicago there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Illinois. One of the best ways to find cheaper Saturn Astra rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing the best Saturn vehicle insurance in Illinois is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saturn in Chicago, buying car insurance is required in Illinois but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Saturn with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn for a lot more money and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Saturn. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Saturn gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you change to their company. How does every company offer you a better deal on Saturn Astra insurance in Chicago? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the type of insured that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a driver they prefer might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no claims, and has a short commute. Any person who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates in Chicago and will most likely save when they switch companies.
Drivers who do not fit these stringent criteria will have to pay higher premium rates and business going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those statements. This really emphasizes why you really should compare as many free Chicago auto insurance quotes as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will provide the lowest Saturn Astra insurance in Chicago.
Score discounts on Chicago auto insurance
Some companies don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study driving habits remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts include:
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, TimeAway discount, air bags, early bird, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- Travelers discounts include hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, good student, and student away at school.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, bundle, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and air bag.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, good student, driver training, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
If you want affordable Saturn Astra insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Chicago.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Chicago who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- If they are an independent agency in Chicago, which companies do they recommend?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How long has their agency been open in Chicago?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Below is a short list of insurance companies in Chicago that can give you price quote information for Saturn Astra insurance in Chicago.
- Russ Spinelli – State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 E 53rd St #727 – Chicago, IL 60615 – (773) 955-3133 – View Map
- Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
- Active Insurance Agency – Auto Insurance
1034 N Ashland Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 286-3473 – View Map
- Vivian Valtas – State Farm Insurance Agent
6108 S Archer Ave – Chicago, IL 60638 – (773) 582-3322 – View Map
If you get reasonable responses to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found a company that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is my Saturn Astra covered for smoke damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
When searching for affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agents. Lower-priced Saturn Astra insurance in Chicago is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Chicago insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional car insurance information is located on the following sites:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)