Do you want to save money by buying the cheapest Dodge Durango insurance in Chicago? Searching for better insurance prices for a Dodge Durango in Illinois can be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier. There is a better way to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes for a Dodge and get the lowest possible price from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many drivers in Illinois could pocket nearly $600 a year, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Durango in Chicago, buying car insurance is mandatory in Illinois but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get discounts to get affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes
Some insurers do not advertise all discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts are:
If you are trying to find low cost Chicago car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply in your area.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower prices and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Chicago that can give you free Chicago car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How often do they review coverages?
Listed below is a short list of insurance companies in Chicago that may be able to provide price quote information for Dodge Durango insurance in Chicago.
- Allstate Insurance: Maribel Marron
3060 W Armitage Ave – Chicago, IL 60647 – (773) 572-9495 – View Map
- Rhea Joyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4911 N Lincoln Ave c – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 878-8883 – View Map
- Riehn Insurance
4541 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 561-4200 – View Map
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Illinois?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is easier than you think.
Cheaper Dodge Durango insurance in Chicago can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Chicago car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)