How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Chicago? Searching for cheaper insurance for a Ford Fusion Hybrid in Illinois can be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages for a Ford and obtain the best price possible from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
A recent survey discovered that most consumers in Illinois have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. consumers could save nearly 47% a year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Chicago car insurance quote. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Chicago is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of your policy.
To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance quotes in Chicago in Illinois, click here to view.
Finding cheaper Chicago insurance prices is a fairly straight forward process. You just have to take time getting comparison quotes from online providers.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$290||$326||$20||$98||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates substantially.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Chicago
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents increase Ford Fusion Hybrid yearly insurance costs for each different age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford Fusion Hybrid Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
City traffic equals higher premiums – Living in a rural area may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Illinois cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Does your job raise your rates? – Occupational choices like judges, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts tend to have the highest average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs like actors, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
Insurance rates and age – Inexperience drivers tend to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. Parents adding a inexperienced driver onto your insurance can be quite pricey. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Liability protection is critical – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Loss statistics for a Ford Fusion Hybrid – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Ford Fusion Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Ford Fusion Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid||125||97||98||92||93||95|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
Certain consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Chicago.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Chicago who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Chicago are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Chicago who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Amigo Insurance Agency
5902 W Fullerton Ave – Chicago, IL 60639 – (877) 999-2644 – View Map
- American Auto Insurance
3201 N Harlem Ave #1 – Chicago, IL 60634 – (773) 286-3500 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Chicago that are able to give price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8549 S Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60652 – (773) 582-2886 – View Map
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
- Mike Matkowskyj – State Farm Insurance Agent
2452 W Chicago Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 486-4444 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
If you get good responses to any questions you may have as well as the cheapest Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Chicago quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance. Just be aware that you are able to cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never feel you are locked into any specific agency for a certain time period.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Fusion Hybrid in Chicago, maintaining insurance is required in Illinois but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Fusion Hybrid with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to save money.
How much can you save?
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
We covered many tips how you can compare Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance auto insurance rates in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
When getting Chicago car insurance quotes online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Illinois can be found on the following sites:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)