Searching for more affordable Saturn Ion insurance in Chicago? If price shopping Chicago car insurance quotes online is new to you, you can easily be confused thanks to the huge assortment of online companies all advertising big savings for Saturn Ion insurance in Chicago.
Unthinkable but true, most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Illinois consumers can cut their rates by 40% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes.
It’s smart to shop coverage around once or twice a year since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest rate on Saturn Ion insurance in Chicago a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you how to quote online to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts covered in this article. Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest cost car insurance policy in Chicago is not as hard as you may think. But Illinois car owners must comprehend how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge.
Companies offering Saturn Ion insurance in Illinois
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Take advantage of these money saving discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount available very well, so the list below details both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Chicago car insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save you money because it requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will lower the amount you have to pay.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for accident-free, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, professional/association, good driver, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, business and professional, early shopping, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good student, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Allstate offers discounts for multi-policy, teenSMART discount, eSmart discount, FullPay discount, good payer, and resident student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. To locate insurance companies with discount rates in Chicago, follow this link.
Get Cheaper Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
Get a ticket, pay higher prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Having just one ticket may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Always keep your auto insurance policy in place – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Illinois department of motor vehicles.
Policy add-ons add up – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages you can purchase on your Ion policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Since the Saturn Ion is a sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same when compared to the average rates in Chicago. Economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Saturn Ion has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers in Illinois are statistically proven to be inattentive behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing a policy for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local Chicago insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Chicago who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you want to use a local Chicago insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agents in Chicago are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago willing to provide rate quotes.
- Kathleen McKenzie – State Farm Insurance Agent
725 W 31st St – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 791-1200 – View Map
- Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
- John Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
5700 N Lincoln Ave #209 – Chicago, IL 60659 – (773) 561-1700 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that are able to give price quote information.
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 666-8800 – View Map
- Eagle Insurance Agency
3517 N Spaulding Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 463-7576 – View Map
- Amigo Insurance Agency
5902 W Fullerton Ave – Chicago, IL 60639 – (877) 999-2644 – View Map
After receiving good answers to any questions you may have as well as low cost Saturn Ion insurance quotes, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you can terminate coverage whenever you want so never feel that you are obligated to a specific agent for the full term.
Save $396 a year? Really?
Popular insurance providers such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all tend to make the same promise about savings if you get a free Chicago car insurance quote and switch your coverage. That’s great but how can every company make almost identical claims? This is the trick they use.
Most companies give the best rates for the right customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable risk profile might be married and over the age of 30, has no prior claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any customer who meets those qualifications will get low rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for those standards may receive a higher rate which leads to the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully make those claims. Because of this risk profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Find affordable rates by comparing often
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Saturn Ion insurance car insurance rates in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Discount Saturn Ion insurance in Chicago can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)