Cutting costs on Hyundai G80 insurance in Chicago could be challenging for drivers who have little experience online rate comparisons. With so many agents and online companies available, it can easily be a lot of work to find a cheaper company.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Illinois being $1,500, drivers can cut their rates by up to 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates.
You should make it a habit to check auto insurance prices before your next renewal since prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Hyundai G80 insurance in Chicago two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you how to use the internet to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost rates in Illinois
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Slash rates with these discounts on Hyundai G80 insurance in Chicago
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Chicago drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- E-sign – Many car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Chicago auto insurance over the internet.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for age of vehicle, multi-car, accident-free, annual mileage, professional/association, good student, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, youthful driver, early shopping, good student, pay in full, mature driver, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, and youthful driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Allstate offers discounts including good student, teenSMART discount, defensive driver, 55 and retired, and economy car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, multi-policy, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
If you need affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered in Chicago.
Buy Cheap Auto Insurance with These Tips
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your rate level.
File policy claims and pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Illinois give the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Teenage drivers in Illinois are proven to get distracted easily when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a first-time driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
Raising coverage deductibles lowers rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Having just one speeding ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Annual miles is a factor – Driving a lot of miles annually the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies calculate rates based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. Having the wrong rating on your G80 is just wasting money.
You might pay more if you are single – Having a significant other may save some money on auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Insurance can be complex
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Many people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is transmitted to companies in Chicago that provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Exclusive and independent Chicago auto insurance agents
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they work. Insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
- Kathleen McKenzie – State Farm Insurance Agent
725 W 31st St – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 791-1200 – View Map
- John Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
5700 N Lincoln Ave #209 – Chicago, IL 60659 – (773) 561-1700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Maribel Marron
3060 W Armitage Ave – Chicago, IL 60647 – (773) 572-9495 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 666-8800 – View Map
- American Auto Insurance
3201 N Harlem Ave #1 – Chicago, IL 60634 – (773) 286-3500 – View Map
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave – Chicago, IL 60657 – (773) 871-8000 – View Map
If you get good responses to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets your needs to service your policy. Just be aware that policyholders can cancel coverage any time you want so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a specific company with no way to switch.
The ad said I’d save $422 a year!
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use television, radio, and online ads. They all make an identical promise of big savings if you change to them. It sounds good, but how can they all charge you a lower premium? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Many companies have specific characteristics for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. One example of a profitable insured could be a married male, has other policies, and has a high credit rating. A driver that meets those criteria gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save if they switch.
Drivers who don’t meet this stringent profile must pay higher rates with the end result being the customer not buying. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. Because every company is different, it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It’s just not possible to know the company that will give you lower rates than your current company.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Hyundai G80 insurance premium rates in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company.
When you buy Chicago auto insurance online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Chicago is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional auto insurance information can be read below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)