Finding cheaper Chicago car insurance quotes online can be a challenge since most people haven’t used online quotes. But don’t surrender to high rates because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of Illinois auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in America could save themselves as much as $850 a year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates once or twice a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest rate on Subaru BRZ insurance in Chicago a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. This information will teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Illinois vehicle owners must understand the methods companies use to sell online because rates are impacted by many factors.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Subaru BRZ insurance in Chicago is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as how much education you have, if a SR-22 is required, your general credit rating, and how old drivers are. Your insurance information is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Chicago, auto insurance is required by state law in Illinois and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Lower Your Chicago Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- How much liability coverage – Liability insurance is the protection when you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- No policy claims equals cheaper prices – Insurance companies in Illinois provide discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Age of drivers impacts costs – More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Teenage drivers are proven to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your BRZ may be costing you. Verify your policy is rated on the correct usage.
- Gender and insurance coverage rates – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Both genders have accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. Men also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Insurance losses for a Subaru BRZ – Insurers analyze the history of losses when setting premium rates. Models that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru BRZ Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Chicago car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Chicago Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new BRZ can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper BRZ insurance.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you need affordable Subaru BRZ insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply everywhere. To choose providers that offer many of these discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agents is still important in Chicago.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Chicago that provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Best car insurance agent in Chicago
When finding local Chicago agents, you should know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network
330 S Wells St #1600 – Chicago, IL 60606 – (312) 427-1777 – View Map
- Edwards Insurance Agency, Inc.
11113 S Kedzie Ave – Chicago, IL 60655 – (773) 396-5526 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that are able to give price quote information.
- Grace Murray – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (708) 453-1771 – View Map
- Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
- Liane Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
3143 W 71st St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 436-7500 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Chicago should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
We covered many ideas to compare Subaru BRZ insurance car insurance rates in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Affordable Subaru BRZ insurance in Chicago can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Chicago car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Car Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)