Locating the cheapest insurance for your Subaru Impreza in Illinois can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy. There is a better way to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Subaru and find the lowest price from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good idea to quote other rates before your next renewal because car insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the best price on Subaru Impreza insurance in Chicago last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Impreza insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get some of the best techniques to find cheap car insurance in Chicago.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Their Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
Certain occupations raise rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like military generals, business owners and accountants tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Do thieves like your car? – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Low mileage costs less – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on how each vehicle is driven. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Impreza may be costing you.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Having just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have multiple violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Frequent policy claims will cost more – Insurance companies in Illinois generally give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – Insurance companies have many additional coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Insurance loss statistics a Subaru Impreza – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help calculate premium costs. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Subaru Impreza vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Subaru Impreza Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru Impreza 4WD||96||80||110||79||78||81|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most major insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get prices online. Getting quotes for Subaru Impreza insurance in Chicago is easy for anyone as you simply type in your required coverages into the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on these and other factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Subaru Impreza insurance in Chicago streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get a better rate.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Illinois. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$164||$226||$262||$16||$78||$746||$62|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$142||$220||$274||$16||$82||$734||$61|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$142||$268||$294||$18||$88||$810||$68|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$218||$384||$340||$20||$102||$1,064||$89|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$120||$246||$274||$16||$82||$738||$62|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$220||$392||$266||$16||$80||$974||$81|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$242||$468||$294||$18||$88||$1,110||$93|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$178||$364||$294||$18||$88||$942||$79|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$134||$284||$274||$16||$82||$790||$66|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$188||$342||$268||$16||$80||$894||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact coverage prices considerably.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact Subaru Impreza insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Impreza insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you might not save $411 a year
Consumers in Illinois constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all advertise the message about how much you will save just by switching your insurance policy to them.
How is it possible that every company can charge you less for car insurance? It’s all in how they say it.
All companies quote their cheapest rates for the driver that will be a good risk. One example of a profitable insured might have to be a mature driver, carries full coverage, and does not commute to work. Someone who fits those characteristics will get very good Chicago prices and have a good chance to save if they switch.
People who do not meet these standards will have to pay a higher premium and the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can make those claims. This really drives home the point why drivers should get Chicago car insurance quotes as often as possible. It is just not possible to predict which insurance company will have the lowest Subaru Impreza insurance in Chicago.
Insurance in Illinois serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Impreza in Chicago, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Impreza definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Chicago auto insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every available discount very well, so the below list has some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to track driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver’s education, good student, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, youthful driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, daytime running lights, federal employee, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has savings for Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, easy pay, multi-policy, defensive driving, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
Check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be offered in Chicago. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Chicago who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Chicago agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Chicago who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Liane Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
3143 W 71st St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 436-7500 – View Map
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
- Kathleen McKenzie – State Farm Insurance Agent
725 W 31st St – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 791-1200 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, you need to contact multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Chicago willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Amigo Insurance Agency
5902 W Fullerton Ave – Chicago, IL 60639 – (877) 999-2644 – View Map
- Zeiler Insurance Services, Inc.
3660 E 106th St – Chicago, IL 60617 – (773) 375-3600 – View Map
- Skyline Insurance Agency, Inc.
2302 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 525-7500 – View Map
Once you have good responses to all your questions as well as inexpensive Subaru Impreza insurance in Chicago quotes, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. It’s important to know that consumers can terminate your policy for any reason so never assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for a certain time period.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Find cheaper auto insurance prices by comparing often
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered many ways to save on Subaru Impreza insurance in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)