Do you want to learn how to find more affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Chicago? Trying to find better insurance prices for your Suzuki XL-7 in Illinois can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Suzuki and find the lowest price from both online companies and Chicago agents.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes quite often because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best price on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Chicago six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the right way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, use these money-saving tips to save money without having to cut coverage. Comparison shopping for the best policy in Chicago is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to find the lowest price online.
Cheapest auto insurance in Chicago, IL
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Suzuki XL-7 insurance discounts in Chicago
Car insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Online Discount – Many companies give back up to $50 shop Chicago car insurance on the web.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on XL-7 insurance in Chicago.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chicago car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some car insurance companies give lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will definitely reduce your policy cost.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for continuous insurance, student away at school, good student, IntelliDrive, driver training, multi-policy, and new car.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, driver training, air bags, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, early bird, and homeowners.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, good student, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, bundle discounts, safe driver, and drive less.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be available in Chicago. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Illinois minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Chicago who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Chicago can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago who can help you get price quote information.
- Tamika Echols – State Farm Insurance Agent
1611 N Clybourn Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (312) 944-9700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Maribel Marron
3060 W Armitage Ave – Chicago, IL 60647 – (773) 572-9495 – View Map
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are Chicago independent insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
- Edwards Insurance Agency, Inc.
11113 S Kedzie Ave – Chicago, IL 60655 – (773) 396-5526 – View Map
After receiving good feedback to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy. Keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage any time you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to your new company for the entire policy term.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Illinois drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (20/40/15), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your XL-7 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your XL-7 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverages – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 20/40/15 that translate to $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, pain and suffering, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Illinois requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/15 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as nursing services, doctor visits, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Cheaper car insurance rates are available
We just presented some good ideas how you can reduce Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates online in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Chicago can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about car insurance in Illinois can be read at the links below
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)