Are you at wits end from trying to scrape together enough money to make your car insurance payment? Your situation is no different than many other Illinois drivers.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. American insurance shoppers can save roughly 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes. Online insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings, bombarding you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates before your next renewal because prices change quite often. If you had the best deal on Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Chicago two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Land Cruiser insurance out there, but you can learn some solid techniques on how to save money.
Getting cheaper car insurance pricing is not a difficult process. All you need to do is take time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to insurance agents’ offices. Doing it all online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the extra assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific Chicago garaging location which can alter coverage rates considerably.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Toyota Land Cruiser insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and accidents can influence Toyota Land Cruiser premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Land Cruiser car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Don’t overlook these Toyota Land Cruiser insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy life insurance.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some companies that may include these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Chicago.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Chicago.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Chicago that can provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Chicago are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any good agent in Chicago should know the answers to these questions.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Toyota Land Cruiser Insurance Costs?
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
The list below includes most of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
Insurance claims cost money – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Illinois provide discounts to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
Does your employer cost you more? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as judges, architects and financial analysts tend to have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, athletes and performers have lower than average premiums.
Never let your auto insurance lapse – Going without insurance will be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
High credit history translates to low rates – Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your Toyota Land Cruiser by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with worse credit.
Why do you need liability? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Teenagers are high risk – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Teen drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Increase physical damage deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Discounts for married drivers – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Loss statistics for a Toyota Land Cruiser – Insurers factor in insurance loss information when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Land Cruiser vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Land Cruiser Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr 4WD||94||88||171|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right Land Cruiser insurance in Illinois is an important decision
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required in Illinois but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Toyota, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Toyota. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Illinois is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Smart shoppers get results
When getting Chicago auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to lower your Toyota Land Cruiser insurance rates in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)