Would you like to save money by finding low-cost Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Chicago? Having to pay for overpriced car insurance in Chicago can dry up your bank account and force you to make tough financial choices. Performing a price comparison can lower your rates and help to make ends meet.
Sad but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Many drivers in Illinois can cut their rates by as much as 40% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates online.
Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest cost out there.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the best insurance company for you in Chicago can be made easier if you know where to look. But Illinois consumers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheapest companies for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Illinois
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$192||$466||$268||$16||$80||$1,022||$85|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$178||$340||$166||$10||$50||$744||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise coverage rates noticeably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Beetle yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a written rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Beetle settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
How Your Beetle Insurance Costs are Determined
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Stressful occupation may mean higher prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and accountants usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs like actors, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Safer occupants lowers insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- More performance means higher premiums – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a huge difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Volkswagen Beetle falls in the compact car class, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower compared to average rates in Chicago.
- Amount of liability insurance – Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Insurance loss statistics a Volkswagen Beetle – Insurance companies study historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that statistically have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Beetle 101 93 101 85 95 101 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 85 78 95 76 89 79
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t neglect these rate reducing discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the internet.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select companies reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Beetle insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
Some companies that may include these benefits include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Chicago car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply everywhere. To choose providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How long has their agency been open in Chicago?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you need to find a good Chicago insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Chicago willing to provide rate quotes.
Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent agents in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
When getting Chicago car insurance quotes online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims or even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Lower-priced car insurance in Chicago can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)