Do you want to stop overpaying and find more competitive Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Chicago? Have you finally had enough of being strong-armed each month for insurance? You’re in the same situation as millions of other vehicle owners.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Chicago can save up to 40% each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates. Numerous auto insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the best coverage at the best price available on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Chicago.
It’s a good habit to compare premium rates at least once a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rates on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Chicago a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Their Insurance Premiums
Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Driving citations mean higher costs – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Even a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have serious tickets such as reckless driving or DUI are required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Higher rates for specific occupations – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupational choices like judges, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, historians and the unemployed get better rates.
Gender and car insurance rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Age of drivers impacts premiums – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
How to buy Volkswagen e-Golf insurance online
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to drive to local insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Can switching companies really save?
Illinois consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest rates from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make an identical promise that drivers can save some big amount if you move your policy.
How does each company claim to save you money? This is the way they can do it.
Many companies have a preferred profile for the type of insured that will add to their bottom line. A good example of this type of risk profile could be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries high limits, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer that fits those parameters will get low prices and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile may receive more expensive rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can advertise the savings. Because every company is different, you really need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s impossible to know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Chicago.
Why you need insurance for your Volkswagen e-Golf
Even though Chicago e-Golf insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Volkswagen e-Golf has a lien holder, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Chicago
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden insurance savings. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Chicago without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies reward drivers for switching companies early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn substantially lower insurance rates.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Allstate has savings for premier discount, teenSMART discount, new car, eSmart discount, and resident student.
- Nationwide includes discounts for Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, defensive driving, accident-free, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good student.
If you want affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To see insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Chicago, follow this link.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Professional agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in Chicago who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago who may provide you with rate quotes.
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to contact independent agents for the best price selection.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just understand that it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with your new company for a certain time period.
Cheaper rates are available
Budget-friendly car insurance in Chicago is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Chicago auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Chicago auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Malibu in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)