Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Volkswagen Passat insurance in Chicago? Are you kicking yourself for buying high-priced Volkswagen Passat insurance in Chicago? Believe me, there are a lot of people in Chicago just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of Illinois drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in the United States could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes. Popular companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Passat insurance in Chicago with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Chicago car insurance quote in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
To see a list of car insurance companies with the best Volkswagen Passat insurance discounts in Chicago in Illinois, click this link.
All major insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate provide pricing from their websites. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the form. After you submit the form their system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information. Getting online rate quotes for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Chicago helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a lower rate.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$260||$400||$290||$18||$88||$1,056||$88|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$372||$316||$18||$94||$982||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up Volkswagen Passat car insurance rates for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Age, gender, and Volkswagen Passat insurance
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Passat insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Volkswagen Passat yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance agencies can help
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Chicago who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does their agency support local causes in Chicago?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can provide insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are Chicago exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
Once you have acceptable answers to these questions and cheap Passat insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any particular company with no way out.
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced Volkswagen Passat insurance in Chicago can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just covered many ideas to find cheap Volkswagen Passat insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Chicago car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)